JOHNSON OUTDOORS is a global enterprise with over 36 year history and more than 1,300 employees operating across 23 locations. They design, manufacture, and market many of the worldâ€™s best-known outdoor recreational products. The Companyâ€™s award-winning innovation is fueled by a unique passion for the outdoors, coupled with sophisticated market research and cutting edge technology to advance a continuous pipeline of new products across four categories: Marine Electronics, Watercraft, Outdoor Equipment and Diving.
The diving leading brands SCUBAPRO and UWATEC command market-leadership positions in the state of the art and innovative diving products. The manufacturing operations in Batam Indonesia, P.T. UWATEC BATAM is now looking for a:
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER Post Date: 11 Jan 08
This role is accountable for the Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety and Regulatory compliance for the Batam facility.
* Ensure all plant supervision and personnel operate in a safe and environmental safe manner.
* Set plant quality goals, objectives, key performance indicators (KPIs) for the plant.
* Provide assistance in developing plans to meet all quality, environmental and safety specifications and requirements.
* Facilitate weekly quality meetings to track and report on progress against the KPIâ€™s
* Random auditing to insure quality standards and specifications are assured.
* Conduct periodic housekeeping audits to ensure safety and environmental compliance
* Coordinate rework activities and ensure proper waste disposal and reporting.
* Quality deviation reporting (QDR), including disposition, root cause and pareto-analysis to ensure corrective action is performed on a timely basis.
* Maintenance of QDR reports and quality records for mfg and suppliers.
* Support the development and training of Best Practices, for statistical process control, Good Mfg Practices, Validation, Test Methods and Lab techniques, Engineering Change Authorization, Quality training. Quality systems and documentation.
* Provide leadership for QA cost savings activities, â€œcost of qualityâ€ projects.
* Training and certification of plant personnel for product/raw material testing, and safety.
* Provide leadership in the implementation and continuous improvement of waste disposal, emissions, recycling and safety reporting.
* Function as a team leader, coach and mentor for plant personnel concerning quality to insure quality activities are prioritized and achieved.
* Responsible for the quality review process for new product startup, packaging/material changes, full scale production transfer between R&D pilot plant to insure consistency and reproducibility.
* 3-7 years QA management experience
* BS degree electrical, mechanical, process engineering or related field
* Advanced degree MBA preferred.
* Internal audit experience
* Certified Quality Mgr preferred
* Good interpersonal skills to deal with all levels in the organization
* Leadership and teamwork skills
* Good verbal and written communication
* Trouble shooting and analytical skills
* Experience in a matrix global US organization is a plus
* English and local language (Indonesian) fluency preferred
This position offers the opportunity to work with a global leader that prides itself for innovative solutions and a passion for winning. Johnson Outdoors believes their employees are their greatest strength and provides an environment that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and for the right candidate, you can expect good terms of employment and a competitive remuneration package.
IN PURSUIT OF FUN & ADVENTURE
Please send your English application (CV, expected salary and availability), by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting reference
(001.1260/QA/1.5103) to Mercuri Urval (Asia) Pte Ltd. All applications will be treated strictly confidential.